BUM Church has a long history with a series of ‘Seasons’ as with most things. Established in 1871 as the United Brethren Otterbein Chapel of Bascom, the church grew and was enlarged in 1890 with a basement added in 1929. By 1946 the United Brethren Church had become the Evangelical United Brethren (EUB) and in 1964 having completely outgrown the existing church a new church was built and dedicated.
In 1968 the EUB merged with the Methodist Church to form the United Methodist Church and the Bascom United Methodist (BUM) church was formed in the only 4 year old existing structure. Reverend Paul Eichar was Pastor during initiation and construction of the new church and served until 1974.
Our current Pastor Cal Cook has served since 2004 as the 9th Pastor since forming as BUM Church in 1968. Pastor Cal served his first three years as a Bi-vocational Pastor when in 2007 the church had re-grown to the point of supporting a full time pastor again. Pastor Cal worked 20 years in the Nuclear Power Industry most recently at Fermi Nuclear Power Plant, he and his wife Karma have been married since 1986 and have two grown sons.
February 10 - 7:00pm
February 10 - 8:00pm
February 17 - 7:00pm
February 24 - 7:00pm
March 2 - 7:00pm